This is a nice moist slightly heavy heavenly dark chocolate pound cake with a lovely orange flavour. I used a bundt pan. If you split this into 2 loaves be sure to lessen the bake time. I blitzed 2 tiny mandarins in (or use a small orange) – use sugar-free orange essence if you prefer.
It’s the best lchf keto cake I’ve created.
Chocolate Orange Pound Cake
- 4 oz melted butter (½ cup)
- 3 oz dark cocoa (½ cup)
- 12 oz brown keto sugar (2 cups)
- 13 oz almond flour (2 ½ cups)
- 3 oz coconut flour (½ cup)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream or yogurt/ buttermilk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tblspns olive oil
- 2 small mandarin or 1 small orange, cut into segments including peel
- 2 tsp vanilla essence