I had intended to cut these into bars but they are quite rich. Here’s the thing, though. I end up eating more than one at a time, so I’ll leave it up to you how you cut them!
Keto Health Bites (or Bars)
- 1 cup whipping cream (240ml)
- 3/4 cup keto sugar (150g)
- 2/3 milk powder (130g)
- 2/3 cup protein or whey powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour (100g)
- 1/2 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond flakes (70g)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (70g)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp almond or vanilla essence (your preference)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 full size keto chocolate bar
To make bars:
- Heat cream gently, add in keto sugar and whisk to dissolve sugar
- Add essence for flavour
- Whisk in: milk powder, whey/protein powder, flaked almonds, coconut flakes and almond flour
- Add the peanut or almond butter
- Stir with wooden spoon until it turns into a clumpy dough
- Turn into a very well greased flat dish (I used cooking spray as I did not want anything to stick). A smaller pan gives you a thicker bar, but I’d not go too large a pan.
- Press down to compress and smooth the top
- Place in fridge to chill and make chocolate topping
- Topping: heat ¼ cup cream until very warm, break in a full bar of keto chocolate, melting and stirring off the heat
- Spread over the chocolate and sprinkle over either flaked almonds or large flakes of coconut
- Chill overnight and cut into bars or bites and keep refrigerated. Delicious!
I am going to try and make a chocolate bar next, replacing the almond flour with Dutch pressed cocoa.
First summer roses and I baked a cake last weekend.