In this keto “corn bread” we’ll sub the corn kernels with chopped yellow peppers and add an optional tsp of pure corn extract if you have – it’s pricey but worth it and lasts a long time! The almond flour gives a lovely corn meal texture. This is a moist cheesy bread and really delicious. You could also bake these in a muffin pan and cut the baking time.
- ¼ cup olive oil + 1 tblsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 1 green mild chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves diced (optional)
- 1 cup diced yellow pepper
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tblsp keto honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ tsp corn extract (optional)
- Heat oil and butter in a cast iron skillet or Dutch oven and saute diced veggies until soft and translucent. Let cool while you prepare your other ingredients.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix together wet ingredients and add to dry.
- Scrape in the cooled veg and buttery oil mix into the batter and mix gently. Turn batter into the skillet making sure your skillet is still well greased and bake at 375⁰ F for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly brown on top.
- Top with butter and sprinkle with Cayenne or Smoked Paprika if you like a little bit of zing.
Serve warm and refrigerate to store.
Pingback: Delicious Cheesy Keto “Corn” Bread — Keto Recipes | My Meals are on Wheels