We had some almond butter that was in the cupboard for months. So here is a quick little recipe I put together to use it up. I’m sure that peanut butter would be just as delicious, or any other nut butter!
Summary: we’ll be mixing the eggs and keto sugar first, then beating in the nut butter (it’s a workout without a beater!). Adding almond and vanilla essence, a little bit of nut flour and then once mixed placing teaspoons-full into a greased baking pan preferably lined with parchment paper. Press with an oiled fork, push in a few keto chocolate chips if you like and finish with a grind of Himalayan salt. Bake at 350⁰F for 12 – 15 minutes until browned. Makes about 20.
- 3/4 cup brown keto sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup nut or peanut butter
- 1 tblspn vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp Almond essence
- 1/4 cup nut flour
- Keto chocolate chips
- Himalayan salt flakes (optional)
- Beat eggs and sugar together
- Add nut butter, stir in and then blend well
- Add vanilla and optional almond essence
- Add in nut flour
- Turn oven on to 350⁰F
- On a greased cookie tray or lined with parchment paper (or foil) scoop out large teaspoons-full of dough
- Press down with oiled fork
- Press in optional chocolate chips
- A quick grind of optional Himalayan salt to finish
- Bake for 12 to 15 (I baked a tiny bit longer as I like them very brown)
- They will be soft at first and then firm up when cooled.
- Store and enjoy!
I’m sure you could add spices such as allspice or cinnamon to make these to your taste, or grated orange zest.
They are not fancy but great as a quick and easy standby treat!