A quick post. I dried more cranberries yesterday. If you can get fresh cranberries, I can recommend this method the flavour is incomparable to store bought! I posted a few pics of dinner ideas below too.
A reminder that all recipes I post can be converted to non-keto using the exact same quantities. The flour and sugar ratios are the same.
What you need:
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tblspn Grapeseed oil
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup fine keto sugar depending on how sweet you like them (I use a half cup and I grind the sugar into a powder)
- 1 baking tray
- Parchment paper
- In a large bowl add grapeseed oil
- Slice cranberries in half, add to bowl
- Toss the cranberries well in the oil
- Add half the sugar, stirring in
- Spread cranberries on a baking sheet
- Sprinkle remainder of sugar over berries
- Oven must be 250F
- Dry in oven for 2 hours or longer if you like them well dried
- Store in a sealed container once cooled in fridge
(I have a keto Basque Cheesecake in the oven right now. If it turns out well that will be my next post. ; ) I am feeling a tad nervous about it, I’ve never baked this version of Cheesecake.)
The little stray cat, Felicity, has at last discovered its safer indoors to look out at the world.
Some recent dinner ideas:
A rare treat: Keto Buns with franks, fresh tomato sauce,sweet potato fries and garlic tossed broccolini:
Meatballs with keto pepper sauce, avocado, spaghetti squash and feta and olive salad
Chicken thighs grilled with mandarins, chili, ginger, flaked garlic and butter served with squash and broccoli:
Roasted acorn squash and eggplant/brinjal with sausage veggie hash:
I wish I had time to do more recipe posts!