Do you have 30 minutes to spare to make this sauce?
5 minutes to gather and measure your four and a ¹/⁴ ingredients; amother 5 to melt the buttery sugar together and 5 more to let the butter and sugar foam and boil stirring all the while. 1 more minute to add the cream and then 14 minutes of gentle boiling and stirring and voila! Cool off by dunking your pot in a bath of ice water and then bottle when cooled.
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla seeds scraped into cream and stirred (optional)
- 1 stick butter (¹/² cup), use salted butter to balance the sweetness if you have
- 1 cup keto sugar
- ¼ cup brown keto sugar
- Measure one cup of cream and if using, scrape in vanilla seeds
- Melt butter stir in sugar and stir, stir, stir
- When dissolved let it come to a nice foamy gentle boil, stirring all the time
- After 5 minutes add cream
- Keep stirring! ; )
- Bring to gentle bubbly boil and stir another 10 to 14 minutes, the longer it gently boils (while you’re still stirring) the thicker it will become
- Cool down your sauce quickly by having a basin of ice and cold water on one side and when you’ve removed your sauce from the stove submerge the base of the pot into the ice water. Be careful not to let ANY water into your caramel sauce. Keep stirring until cooled (these minutes don’t count as the heavenly aroma of the sauce will have taken you off to happy caramel childhood memories)
- Pour into dry sterilised jar, seal and refrigerate for future delicious indulgence
- Lick the cooled empty pot clean.