Here is dinner and plenty of leftovers to portion off for our lunch boxes the next work week. I’m not such a good meatloaf maker, it’s one of those bakes that always is never as good as I expect and never quite as browned inside as I’d like. So this is more a casserole bake but keto style with low carbs. I baked this alongside some roasted veggies. Courgette, yam, garlic head and mini peppers, each flavoured with different seasonings (in order of mention, dill, turmeric, ground pepper, chilli flakes).
Meat recipe is:
- 1 whole sweet onion, diced
- 6 eggs
- Toasted herbs and spices: chilli, cumin, mustard powder, paprika, coriander, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, oregano, curry leaves, lightly toasted in a pan
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup chutney, I had green tomato chutney from last year’s cook up
- Ground pepper
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1x 8 oz pack of cream cheese
Toast the spices gently.
Beat the eggs in a mixer, add the diced onions to infuse the eggs. On the slowest setting, add the cream cheese, ground meat, spices, and the last of the ingredients. When mixed pour into a well buttered dish. This makes a nice large portion for work lunches. Bake for 25 minutes at 350F. Leave to set while making the spread to finish off your bake
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 8 oz philly cream cheese, room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1 heaped cup grated strong cheddar
- 1 bunch scallions, chives or herbs, chopped (I used parsley and fresh bay leaves)
When cooled slightly, spread on the tomato paste, lightly smooth over the cream cheese beaten with the eggs until spreadable, top with cheddar cheese and chopped chives or herbs, rebake for 10 minutes at 350F, grill top until brown at the end.
It’s delicious. Serve with mint and garlic scapes chimichurri sauce, coming on next post. See you then!
Will video work here? Let me try!
Okay, long day in the kitchen. Time for some Division 2 online with my sweetie!