You guys, these are AWEsome. All credit to https://greekgoesketo.com/2018/08/08/keto-mini-bread/
Some pro tips after making these:
- Get all the ingredients ready before hand
- Work quickly
- Don’t beat in the flour, I stirred manually with my beaters whisks after adding the almond flour, ground flax and psyllium flour
- Do put it in the fridge as suggested
- Sprinkle in or add a few teaspoons parmesan cheese as a finish, I wish I had!
- Use freshest herbs possible, I dry and crush my own rosemary. I will cut back to 1 tsp salt next time, they were a little too salty for my taste.
- I also added 1tbls oregano
- Have a little bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil in to grease your hands when you shape the breads
- First sprinkle with sesame seeds then dust with paprika before pressing very lightly with a fork
- Use the best butter and olive oil!
- I used chilli flakes instead of paprika flakes – I’ve never seen paprika flakes
- Space them out more than me or bake in two trays if you prefer perfect rounds, I don’t mind them like this
- Next time I’m going to try to dry them overnight slowly to turn them into little crackers, they are soft, buttery and delicious but I’m just interested to see how they turn out crispy. They are so good, there will definitely be a next time!
I have some lovely duck eggs and French butter I wanted to use. After a disappointing recipe I tried yesterday to bake flax seed muffins – ugh, so dry – I needed to bake a success ! (I’m going to create my own muffin recipe – but another day!)
These little guys are fab, even if a little fiddly at the end. I’ve just ordered ice cream scoops with the auto “eject” mechanism to use for scooping muffins, cookies and these types of batter.
Give these a try and all kudos, admiration and thanks to Greek Goes Keto!
Herby Mini Breads
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup almond flour
- 5 tbsp ground golden flaxseed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp psyllium powder
- 1 tsp good sea salt
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Mix melted butter, sour cream and olive oil with an electric mixer. Add eggs and keep mixing. Add baking soda and lemon juice.
Add all the spices and beat.
Mix all the dry ingredients in another mixing bowl. Add them spoon by spoon to the wet ingredients and mix gently, do NOT beat, it will take out all the fluffy!
Leave dough in the fridge for 10 minutes. Grease your hands with olive oil and roll teaspoons of dough the size of walnuts. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds, paprika and press gently with a fork
Bake for 15 minutes at 170ºC (338ºF)
Leave them in the closed oven until they are cool enough to lift off the paper by hand. About 30 minutes. (Must. Resist. Temptation. 🙂