These soft cookies are a lovely texture and I added the zest of an orange at the end to the dough to make a change, and the second batch I topped with almonds and unsweetened chocolate bits. The first batch I baked plain. Makes about 30 +- cookies depending on your scoop size.
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup) softened
- 1 pack cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup keto sugar (powdered)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp almond essence (optional)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup peanut flour or stick with almond if you prefer … or use hazelnut flour too! Reduce if you use coconut flour as it is very drying, maybe only 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup flax
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Cream butter, sugar and cream cheese together, add essence and then beat in eggs.
Gently beat in the dry ingredients, until a lovely batter. See pic!
Use a spoon or scoop to place dough on cookie tray, but be sure to leave large gaps on pan as these spread out while baking. Line baking pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Heat oven to 350°F, bake 20 minutes if you like them nicely browned, less if not.
Add for different varieties:
- Chocolate chips
- Almond flakes
- Chopped pecans
- Zest of orange or lemon
- Sub some of peanut flour with cocoa
- Add mixed spice or cinnamon and top with sugar before baking
- Add very concentrated coffee essence to batter
- Pureed strawberries to batter, no more than 4
- Top cookie with fresh fruit and cream as a dessert